Update 16th January 2010: 1.33b01NA has been released.
Update: Firmware 1.32NA Build 09 BETA fixes this for most people.
A few people have been experiencing trouble with their DIR-655 routers locking up after about 3-4 days with web browsing slowly going downhill until the lockup during that time, I experienced the same thing.
I realised that I had SPI enabled, which in the past I haven’t had enabled, I disabled it and so far I haven’t had any lockups, it appears the SPI is overloading my router after a few days which to me is surprising for such a supposedly powerful router.
If you experience the lockups try disabling SPI, the other more common solution to do is to disable DNS relay, I’m not sure why this would be causing the router to lockup but it appears to be something to do with the latest firmware, hopefully they fix this in future firmwares.
Firefox has crashed again, I can always tell because It’s closed, in fact I probably closed it an hour ago, but it’s been slowly sitting there in the background hoping I won’t notice it, it does this occasionally when I close it, sometimes after I have used it for some time, sometimes when I only have it open for a short time, it doesn’t seem to matter, it just does it, further more I haven’t found anybody with a similar problem, except some sources that insist it might be the plugins causing it.
The WordPress flash based picture uploader has been giving me grief ever since I changed hosting providers recently, HTTP error was all I was given when trying to upload a file, using the browser based uploader worked fine so I used that instead, but it got annoying for me so I did a bit of googling and found out that the reason it wasn’t working is because on some providers you must have this directive in your .htaccess file:
Now flashed based uploading works fine.
UPDATE: James at The Theme Blog has experienced a similar error and has posted another workaround here, if this doesn’t work out try that one.
I have been a member of Aussiehost for over 6 months now, however this site has stayed specifically on Servage up until a few days ago when I realised this website is a little slow on Servage for my liking, the latency is shocking. The changeover was seamless and I’m very happy with the performance so far.